1891 – Railway Bridge, Amiens Street, Dublin
Part of the Loop Line constructed to connect the Great Northern at Amiens Street with the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway. The Loop Line consists of a number of iron bridges connected by a raised masonry embankment.
Smith was the first person to promote the construction of a line to connect the two companies. The Dublin Loop Line (for the City of Dublin Junction Railway), designed and supervised with William H. Mills, chief engineer of the Great Northern Railway, was built following the passing of an enabling act of Parliament in 1884. Prior to this, it had been hoped to construct a central railway station.