1926 – Mitchell’s Hotel, Nos 9-11 Grafton St., Dublin
Constructed as a new hotel in the mid 1920s, and later contained a fashionable restaurant at street level. The building facade is granite and robustly detailed. Still largely intact but minus the coat-of-arms on the parapet, the street level restaurant is now of the fast food variety.
The building was designed by the sons of William Mansfield Mitchell (1842-1910), whose father started in business in Grafton Street as a confectioner at No 10. At the time of construction, the hotel was still run by the family.