1867 – Northern Bank, Shipquay Place, Derry
A fine bank building on the end of a block allowing the architect to design three elevations and create an Italian palazzo. Finished in Scottish sandstone, it has five-bay sides, and a six-bay main facade. The chamfered corners with grouped Ionic pilasters create a wonderful solidity leading to a heavily sculptural entablature and balustrading. Sadly the urns in the older photograph are now missing. Still a bank branch.