1878 – St. Vincent de Paul Orphanage, Glasnevin, Dublin
Opened in 1857, where the apartments in Dalcassian Downs now stand.
1879 – Mortuary Chapel, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin
The present-day entrance gates, offices and mortuary chapel at Glasnevin were designed by J.J. McCarthy (1817 -1882),
1886 – Design for Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin
Premiated designs for memorial to Roman Catholic Prelate Cardinal MacCabe. The competition was won by George C.
1908 – Marlborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin
Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college,
1880s – Marlborough House, Glasnevin, Dublin
Marlborough House was a large domestic dwelling which had been used as a teacher training college. It was registered as a detention centre for up to 50 boys on 24th March 1944.
1882 – T.H. Burke Memorial, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin
Proposed by the Resident Magistrates of Ireland, 1882. Published in The Building News, August 18th 1882.
2010 – Glasnevin Trust Museum, Dublin
Glasnevin Cemetery is run by the Glasnevin Trust, the cemetery first opened in 1834,
1884 – Great Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin
Costing £800, the Great Palm House, which was made of wood and iron, was prefabricated in the Scottish town of Paisley by James Boyd &
1869 – Curvilinear Range, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Co. Dublin
The Curvilinear Range of Glasshouses at the National Botanic Gardens were constructed between 1843 and 1869 and designed by native Dubliner Richard Turner.