1886 – No.18 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin
Constructed at the corner of Sackville Place, next to the Imperial Hotel, which also contained Clery’s, for George Mitchell, Esq. Finished in Ruabon Brick with Ballinasloe limestone dressings. Published in The Irish Builder, December 15 1886. Destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising, and the rebuilt and enlarged Clerys was expanded onto the site.
“The materials used in the building under notice consist of red brick from the works of J.C. Edwards, Ruabon, North Wales, from whence also came the terra-cotta used in panels, strings, &c., &c. The dressings are of limestone, from the quarries of Mr. Walter Doolin, at Ballinasloe. The ceiling of shop floor is richly panelled in pitch pine and American walnut.”