1897 – Bank of Liverpool, Chester
Designed by Chester’s famous architect John Douglas, and erected in 1897 for the Bank of Liverpool Limited. Their name and logo showing the Liver Bird, is carved into the woodwork under the first floor bay window. The bank later acquired Martin’s Bank in 1918, and itself was bought by Barclays in 1969 and this branch was eventually closed. Published in The Building News, October 19, 1901.