1862 – Library, Holywood, Co. Down
Now converted into the town library, this fine building was constructed as the Sullivan National School in 1862. The clocktower and a large hall were added around 1877 in the same polychomatic brick. The money was provided by Dr. Robert Sullivan who was born in Holywood in 1800 and had a distinguished academic career. Completely refurbished in 1992.
Photograph Courtesy and Copyright of Colin M