1828 – First Presbyterian Church, Lurgan, Co. Amagh
The present church was built in the years 1827-28 during the ministry of the Rev. Hamilton Dobbin. The foundation stone was laid by the local landowner Lord Brownlow.
It’s quite a substantial classical church, approximately 63ft x 47ft, and cost £2,200. Seating 1000 at the time of completion, it has a larg interior gallery. In 1845 a school house at the rear of the church was erected. This was later altered in the late 1870’s by Young & Mackenzie.