1852 – Northern Bank, Head Office, Victoria Street, Belfast
Built as head office for the Northern Banking Co., and opened in summer of 1862, at a cost of over £14,000. A single storey Portland stone palazzo on a raised granite basement, the building just oozes solidity and strength. Exactly what the customers of the age wanted. The entranceway is through an overscaled doorway recessed into a triple arcade with giant Doric columns.
Restored by First Trust in the 1990s but no longer a bank.